The Magic of TSKalyanaraman's Music

I had decided that I would come to office early today as I had some tasks to complete today. That however was not to be and I came in an hour later than I had planned to. I was listening to an MP3 CD containing recordings by Shri T.S.Kalyanaraman (he was one of the seniormost disciples of GNB) .His brilliant rendition of a Ragam Tanam Pallavi in Ragam Shubhapantuvarali ensured that I stay glued to my seat at home; I couldn't move till this pallavi concluded. Pandit Bhimsen Joshi is the only other artist (this is my personal opinion) who has woven such magic in his Miyan Ki Todi -the Hindustani equivalent of Shubhapantuvarali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obsessive Compulsive Asaveri Listening Disorder ?

My tribute to Kanekar Uncle ( Pandit Narendra Kanekar)

TN Sheshagoplan @ Fort High School , Ramanavami, 2008